Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Check this out

  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member DaveCan's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 22nd, 2008
    Location
    Moncton NB Canada
    Posts
    115
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Check this out

    Okay, don't make fun of me!! I was bored and checking out old stuff on YouTube that I remember seeing as a kid, and I ended up watching a few episodes of : "The Brady Bunch" . I heard that!!, stop snickering!! lol Anyhow at about the 9:35 mark on this clip, Marcia walks in the recording room, and it looks to me like an Altec horn and cab on her left.. Kewl!! Yep I'm almost 45 and have no life, but heck I found a rare sighting of the past

    YouTube - The Brady Bunch (S3) - "Getting Davy Jones" pt.2/3

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member bowtie427ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2006
    Location
    Rural NY
    Posts
    3,901
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

    Re: Check this out

    Looks like a 1005B horn on an 825 cab.
    Not all vegetables make good leaders.

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member Panomaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 25th, 2006
    Posts
    1,811
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Check this out

    Marsha, Marsha, Marsha! And an Altec A5. I remember the goofy episode, but didn't notice the speaker. Thanks.

    And everybody sing!
    "The shadow of your A5 - is on - the wall"

  4. #4
    HB Super Moderator
    Check this out


    Altec Best's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2008
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    4,257
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

    Re: Check this out

    Great, I just wasted 10 minutes of my life to see a tiny sliver of a horn and cab But it's all good.

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member Panomaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 25th, 2006
    Posts
    1,811
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Check this out

    Yeah, definitely fast forward to about 9:50. It ain't worth watching the whole clip.

  6. #6
    Senior Hostboard Member DaveCan's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 22nd, 2008
    Location
    Moncton NB Canada
    Posts
    115
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Check this out

    Well I did say that it was about the 9:35 mark in my opening post ,to save y'all the trauma of sitting through it all

  7. #7
    HB Super Moderator
    Check this out


    Altec Best's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2008
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    4,257
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

    Re: Check this out

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveCan View Post
    Well I did say that it was about the 9:35 mark in my opening post ,to save y'all the trauma of sitting through it all
    I know I was all excited ready to see some Altec Vot's and all you could see was a tiny peice of the corner Bummed out.


    Ps. I did fast forward to the 9:35 mark as you stated

  8. #8
    Senior Hostboard Member DaveCan's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 22nd, 2008
    Location
    Moncton NB Canada
    Posts
    115
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Check this out

    lol yeah I probably should have mentioned that it didn't show too much .. I was just surprised watching it then seeing a peek of them, and got to posting here right away lol

  9. #9
    Senior Hostboard Member DaveCan's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 22nd, 2008
    Location
    Moncton NB Canada
    Posts
    115
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Check this out

    Okay redemption, sort of lol.. In this episode 45 seconds in, there is a full frontal shot of half an Altec horn
    YouTube - The Brady Bunch (S5) - "Adios, Johnny Bravo" pt.1/3

  10. #10
    Senior Hostboard Member Steve Schell's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 30th, 2003
    Posts
    414
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Check this out

    Even though these episodes are so corny as to be physically painful to watch, listen to the musicians! Sounds like the Wrecking Crew doing their best with that tedious chart. Is that Carol Kaye playing the bouncy bass line?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.